The Victim Quick Response Program + (VQRP +) is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services to provide timely assistance to victims of violent crimes. VQRP + aims to support direct victims, witnesses, and immediate family members of victims by providing financial assistance with essential expenses in order to:
- Lessen the impact of crime
- Enhance safety
- Meet practical needs
Funding Is Available For:
- Short-term immediate counselling services.
- Emergency home safety expenses to secure premises for the immediate safety of victims.
- Emergency accommodations and meals where there are no secure housing options available.
- Crime scene cleanup.
- Emergency transportation to access safe accommodation, for immediate medical needs, or for a family member to identify the victim of a homicide.
- Supports required for serious injuries.
- Basic funeral expenses and other financial support for families of homicide victims.
Who Is Eligible?
Program funding is available to:
- A direct victim, witness, or immediate family member of a violent crime.
- The crime must have occurred in Ontario.
- This recipient must live in the province of Ontario.
- Meet all other requirements set out by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
- Must meet definition of last resort, meaning the victim lacks the financial means and there are no publicly funded services available.
- Eligibility screening process is completed before applications are submitted to the Ministry.
- Please contact our office at 519-723-2711 to discuss your unique situation and your eligibility.